Accredited Training Sponsor Eligibility
Are you eligible to become an NCCER Accredited Training Sponsor?
Acceptable Organizations for Accreditation
- Trade Associations
- Labor Organizations
- Certain Government Agencies
- Temporary Employment Agencies
- Other entities deemed appropriate by NCCER
[ Page Top ]
Accredited Training Sponsor Requirements
The following is a list of requirements that must be met in order to become an Accredited Training Sponsor:
- Read, understand, and agree to abide by the NCCER Accreditation Guidelines
- Complete application forms (Form 100 and 100-1)
- Provide letters of recommendation from clients and/or users
- Provide completed credit application
- Fax to (386-518-6303) or scan and email (email@example.com) application form and proof of business to Accreditation Department -Proof of business (i.e. Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate of LLC, Business License, Company By-Laws etc.)
- Identify Sponsor Representative and complete online registration for the Master Trainer Instructor Certification Training Program
- Modify Form 100 and submit original application to NCCER along with application fee: $2,195.00 (company check made payable to NCCER, name on check must match company name on Proof of Business)
- Send an individual to successfully complete the Master Trainer Instructor Certification Training Program, become certified, and function as the formal liaison with NCCER
- Agree to comply with assessment program audit procedures
- Have resources needed to effectively conduct training
- Have a written policy prohibiting the use, possession, concealment, or sale of drugs, controlled substances, alcohol, and firearms
[ Page Top ]
Approval of Accreditation
This begins upon approval of application and required items mentioned above and and the Master Trainer Instructor Certification Training Program being successfully completed.
- Applicant organization will be awarded candidate status and initial audit will be scheduled within six months. (This does not mean the audit will necessarily take place within the six months, but one must be scheduled.)
- Training program must be actively operating for an audit to be scheduled.
- After audit, a list of items (if any) of nonconformance will be given to the Sponsor Rep and must be corrected before receiving accreditation.
- NCCER reserves the right to contact training program trainees to obtain feedback on the quality of the program in question.
- Accreditation or removal of accreditation shall remain the sole right of the NCCER.
- Annual Report must be submitted using Form 103 postmarked to NCCER Accreditation Department no later than August 31.
- Re-accreditation audits shall be conducted every three years.
- Accredited Training Sponsor must remain in good financial standing with NCCER (invoices are due upon receipt).
- Compliance with all applicable occupational health, safety and environmental laws, and regulations must be met.
- Safety for all classroom, lab and field trip activities must be ensured.
- NCCER recommends that the Accredited Training Sponsor implement an instructor safety audit process.
- All instructors must be certified through NCCER’s process and function in accordance with the policies set forth in this document.
- All programs must use NCCER curriculum.
[ Page Top ]
All intellectual property rights for any portion of the NCCER curriculum are exclusively that of NCCER. Any use of any portion of the NCCER curriculum without the written consent of NCCER is expressly prohibited.
STOP! If your organization does not meet and agree to the above eligibility criteria, becoming an NCCER Accredited Training Sponsor may not be the best fit for your organization. Contact the NCCER Accreditation Department to determine how your organization can best fit into the NCCER accreditation processes.