Published by Construction Industry Institute, 2007
The purpose of this research is to identify and quantify the business case for construction craft training. Potential benefits of training include improved productivity, improved safety, improved quality, decreased absenteeism and decreased turnover.
- Significant benefits to craft training can be achieved through a sufficient project effort.
- Meaningful training can help attract and retain craft workers.
- Craft training improvements are possible when owners become involved and mandate training and certification.
- Most companies do not measure the effectiveness of craft training, but it can be done.
- Owners are paying for training on union projects, but rarely pay for training on open-shop projects.
To purchase this study, click here.
Categories: Skilled Workforce Shortage