Published by Construction Industry Institute, 2001
This research compares two strategies for improving construction labor productivity. One strategy, the buffer strategy, stresses the importance of providing large stockpiles (buffers) of design, material and construction equipment to craft workers. The second strategy, the production planning strategy, provides effective craft production by ensuring that all necessary productive resources are available for craft workers.
- Planning resources pays off
- Buffers (stockpiles) improve piping productivity
- Different results for electrical productivity
- Economics of a project buffer strategy
- Schedule ramifications of a buffer strategy
To purchase this study, click here.