Contractors Workforce Development Assessment
The CWDA is a unique assessment tool that objectively
measures a contractor’s commitment to workforce
development. The goal of the CWDA is to make workforce
development a key criterion in the prequalification and final
selection of contractors.
How does the CWDA system work?
Contractors can subscribe online to participate in the CWDA.
A participant answers each question on an assessment and
uploads documentation to support and validate their answers.
A non-biased, third-party auditor reviews the completed
assessment and supporting documentation, and assigns an
overall score. The contractor can then grant access to specific
owners to view their CWDA score. In order for the owner to
view contractors’ scores, they must be a registered user of the
Types of Assessments
- Self-performing contractor
- Construction manager
Benefits of the CWDA
- Sets workforce development benchmarks for the industry
- Identifies a contractor's strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Enhances the ability of owners to qualify contractors
- Promotes the safe and proper completion of projects on-time and on-budget