Back to Upcoming EventsRSS
NACB Lifting and Load-Handling Training Expo 2016Date:
10/17/2016 - 10/20/2016 |
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Location: Orlando Marriott - Lake Mary, Orlando, FL
The four-day interactive training event and expo includes seminars on rigging, inspector training, load charts, lift planning, ground support, and current regulations pertaining to mobile cranes, overhead cranes, hoist systems, aerial work platforms, lift trucks, and other lifting equipment. NACB says that the seminars are taught in variable settings, and that the instructors are available to answer questions one on one after each seminar.
In addition to the seminars listed above, the event will feature presentations by guest experts. The scheduled speakers include:
- Greg Sizemore, vice president, HSE and workforce development, Associated Builders & Contractors - Washington, D.C., will give the keynote address, "ABC’s Vision of the Future, and the Use of Industry Indicators to Effect a Safer Workplace."
- Danny Bishop, corporate director of training for The Crosby Group, LLC, will lead Crosby Jeopardy, which will test attendees' knowledge of fundamental rigging concepts.
- Dean McKenzie from OSHA's Directorate of Construction Safety will give an update about OSHA.
- Lance Burney, president of Sigalarm, will present "Power Line Safety-Distance, Voltage, and Proximity."
- Steve Greene, vice president of NCCER, will present "Operator Certification Programs & Skills Needs."
- Theadore Blanton Sr., president and CEO of North American Crane Bureau Group, Inc., will give an update about ASME B30 volumes.
- Monty Chisolm, rigging superintendent operation trainer at Bechtel Equipment Operations, will speak about guidelines to tagline use.
More information is available at www.cranesafe.com or www.cvent.com.