2nd Annual I BUILT THIS Video Contest
NCCER and Build Your Future's I BUILT THIS video contest aims to give aspiring craft professionals and their instructors an opportunity to showcase outstanding construction projects.
The contest is open to students and instructors in the following two categories: high school and postsecondary career and technical education.
Be sure to enter your video before Oct. 23, 2016 by 8 p.m. EDT to qualify.
Scroll down to see the 2015 contest winners.
Prizes will be awarded to the top two contestants in each category. One first place winner from each of the two categories will receive a GoPro HERO camera plus $50 in Lowe's gift cards, and one second place winner from each category will receive a Google Chromecast streaming device plus $25 in Lowe's gift cards.
Contest winners will be announced at the end of October in celebration of Careers in Construction Month!
- Entries must showcase projects that are relevant to the construction or maintenance industries.
- Entries must contain a 1-3 minute video overview of the entire project.
- Videos must also contain verbal responses to each of the following questions:
- What is your name, grade or year in school, and state you are from?
- What is your project?
- Why did you build it?
- Why do you enjoy construction and building?
- What is your favorite career in construction?
To submit your project, fill out a contest application by clicking here.
NCCER and Build Your Future are excited to learn about your passion for construction and design!
2015 High School Winners
1st Place: Earl Warren High School NISD
2nd Place: Mahomet Seymour High School
2015 Postsecondary Winners
First Place: Drumright Central Technical College
Second Place: Monongalia Technical Education Center