Published by National Association of State Boards of Education, 2008
A study group developed sets of recommendations for state boards of education to consider as they incorporate the role of CTE into their overall vision and plan for education.
- Provide meaningful opportunities for all students to engage in rigorous and relevant career and technical education.
- Engage industry and community leaders in meaningful partnerships
- Adopt policies to integrate CTE and academic coursework and standards, while providing multiple assessments to measure skill and knowledge attainment
- Ensure seamless transitions for students from high school to postsecondary and beyond
- Develop policies to address quality, recruitment and compensation for CTE instructors
- Address the poor image of CTE with educators, parents, guidance counselors and the public
To view this study, click here.
Categories: Career and Technical Education