Mobile Crane Practical Examiner
A Mobile Crane Practical Examiner (CPE) is an individual certified in accordance with the NCCER Mobile Crane Operator Certification Program to deliver mobile crane operator practical examinations. Certified CPEs must be affiliated with an NCCER Mobile Crane Endorsed Accredited Assessment Center.
CPE Certification Requirements
The following requirements must be met in order to become an NCCER certified Mobile Crane Practical Examiner must:
- Have approval of an NCCER Accredited Assessment Center;
- Have at least four years of documented mobile crane-related experience or appropriate mobile crane-related training/education, verified by NCCER;
- Form 901M and resume must be submitted to CraneCertification@nccer.org for verification and approval
- Successfully pass either the NCCER Telescopic Boom Crane or Lattice Boom Crane assessment, prior to being approved to attend CPE training;
- Successfully complete the CPE training program;
- Have current NCCER Master Trainer, Craft Instructor, or Performance Evaluator certification or successfully complete the NCCER Instruction Certification Training Program (ICTP) or the abbreviated ICTP for performance evaluators (Modules 1 and 9).
CPE Training Program
Training topics include:
- Requirements, responsibilities and liabilities of the Mobile Crane Operator Certification Program;
- Confidentiality requirements of the Program;
- Matching assessments to the appropriate practical examinations;
- Application of practical exam procedures;
- Setup and administration of ALL mobile crane practical examinations;
- Required paperwork;
- Policies and procedures of the Program.