Current Job Openings at NCCER
Chief Operations Officer
NCCER has an immediate opening for a Chief Operations Officer. This individual will lead and oversee the day to day operation of NCCER’s workforce development resources to include budget and staff. A thorough understanding of NCCER’s programs and processes is required along with expertise in project management, publishing operations, and people management.
The qualified candidate will possess a Baccalaureate degree, excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills, be detail-oriented, organized and professional with the ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities and meet deadlines. The ability to work effectively with all levels of executives, management and staff is essential. Experience and/or knowledge of the marketplace and experience in industry-related workforce development are preferred.
NCCER is a not-for-profit education foundation created by the construction and maintenance industries to build a safe, productive and sustainable workforce of craft professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-free workplace. Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefit package.
Start ASAP after selection. Position open until filled. To apply: send resume/CV, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software Development Project Manager
NCCER has an immediate opening for an experienced and skillful Project Manager to manage a functional team during the development, testing, implementation and launch of a new mission critical, enterprise software application. This will be a 10 to 12 month contract position.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business or Information Systems related field
- Minimum of 10 years of documented software project management experience including new development with successful large scale, on-time deliveries and initiatives
- Experience working with outsourced and overseas software development resources
- Strong background in managing all SDLC phases with demonstrated strength in the direction of functional staff and processes during the analysis, development, testing and go-live phases
- PMP certification preferred
- Excellent and broad general business process knowledge
- Act as the primary project leader for the internal functional team (users)
- Work closely with the developer’s Analyst/Project Manager and internal management to ensure overall project success
- Perform the day to day management of the project until completion
- Assign, manage and track functional team member project duties, tasks and schedules
- Ensure the functional team is delivering all project deliverables as required and assigned
- Act as the functional team’s liaison to internal and external technical teams and resources
- Facilitate and assist functional team members and vendor analysts with the development and documentation of use cases
- Assist technical and functional staff with the development of all testing scenarios.
- Document, report and communicate any and all issues to the appropriate parties
- Facilitate and manage change orders
- Facilitate and assist users with the implementation of the testing and validation processes.
- Document and report all test results to the vendor
- Train end users