Skilled Labor Shortage Risk Mitigation
Construction Users Roundtable, 2015
The Construction Users Roundtable provides recommendations for owners and contractors to mitigate the risks of a labor shortage and minimize unexpected problems during execution. This document outlines risk mitigation opportunities based on the experiences of CURT owners and contractors.
- Conduct a project risk assessment
- Change the project location or timing
- Get the budget and schedule right
- Plan for a workforce shortage to minimize the risks
- Attract, recruit and retain the best workers
- Remove work from the project work site by using prefabrication, modularization and preassembly
- Leverage regional collaboration among contractors and owners to effectively share information about projects and collaborate on workforce development issues
- Alternate contracting strategies to share risks appropriately between owners and contractors
- Improve labor productivity
To purchase the full report, click here.
Categories: Skilled Workforce Shortage