Subject Matter Experts
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are a vital part of NCCER Curriculum development process. A team of volunteer SMEs is assembled to review and revise the curricula for each craft. SMEs are construction, maintenance, or pipeline professionals that have journey-level or technician-level experience. SMEs represent construction companies and schools from around the country and ensure that our curriculum remains current with industry standards.
SMEs should meet the following requirements:
- Have an outstanding knowledge of their trade
- Have the ability to communicate verbally
- Be familiar with NCCER Curriculum
- Have journey-level experience in their craft
- Have experience teaching the trade to others
- Be able to attend meetings over an extended period of time, as much as two years for some crafts
If you would like to become an SME or nominate an individual, please submit a nomination form or contact product development at 888.622.3720 for more information.