Published by American Society of Civil Engineers, 2010
This research examines craft professionals' satisfaction along with an investigation of work-life characteristics (age, income, union status or sousal employment) among U.S. construction workers from the 1970s to 2000s.
- Craft professional job satisfaction remained steady between the 1970s to the 2000s
- Craft professionals reported greater job satisfaction than respondents from other industries, which should be better communicated in industry recruitment efforts
- Older craft professionals reported greater job satisfaction than other age groups
- Greater job satisfaction was correlated with higher income among craft professionals
- No consistent correlation was found between job satisfaction and union status or spousal employment
To purchase the full report, click here.