Published by Construction Industry Institute, 2006
This research explores how to better utilize craft professionals' knowledge and experience and help direct industry and academia to better understand the major factors affecting construction productivity.
- This research confirmed that craft workers have a good understanding of the factors affecting construction labor productivity.
- Craft professionals' level of impact varies both overall and on individual projects.
- Craft professionals provide valuable solutions on how to improve construction productivity.
- The most significant factors impacting productivity are addressable on the jobsite.
- Even through pre-project planning is critical for construction productivity, craft professionals clearly indicate that on-site issues involving the availability of materials, tools and construction equipment have a significant impact on their ability to be productive.
To purchase this study, click here.