Senior Workforce Development Manager
NCCER has an immediate opening for a Senior Workforce Development Manager. The individual selected for this position will work closely with the Director of Workforce Development on providing support and consultation to the NCCER accredited network on workforce development issues, including training and/or assessment program implementation and maintenance. The successful candidate will also serve in a business development role to help grow the NCCER network of accredited organizations. Major areas of responsibility will include:
- Coordinate with NCCER sponsors, NCCER Association Partners and industry related organizations to promote and facilitate relationships with all potential training organizations on the use of NCCER programs
- Respond to and follow up curriculum and accreditation inquiries using appropriate methods
- Facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical methods to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction
- Plan and prioritize customer/prospect contact sales activities to achieve targeted business aims.
- Plan and manage business portfolio/territory/business according to a targeted market development strategy
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems
- Serve as liaison with trainers, instructors, and administrators at the federal, state, and local levels to promote and facilitate the use of NCCER programs
- Serve as staff liaison to appropriate groups, partners, and committees
- Serve as staff liaison to Pearson Executive Directors
- Assist in the formulation of sales and marketing strategy for the organization to include:
- distribution channel analysis and development
- partnerships assessment and development
- marketing, advertising, promotion, and tradeshow/exposition planning
- provide input from the markets regarding NCCER training and assessment programs, products, services, and promotional materials
- Travel to, attend and present at external and internal customer meetings, conferences and internal company functions necessary to fulfill duties and aid business development
A Bachelors’ degree in a related field, experience and/or extensive knowledge of the marketplace and 2 years’ experience in construction industry-related workforce development are required.
Qualified candidates will be people and service-oriented with demonstrated public speaking abilities/experience. Requires a self-starter with experience handling multiple duties and deadlines, excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff. The ability to research and organize statistical and anecdotal data and experience managing and preparing schedules, budgets and reports are required.
This position requires moderate travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace. Excellent benefits package. Start ASAP after selection. Position open until filled.
Marketing Outreach Manager
NCCER has an immediate opening for a strong project manager with excellent presentation and communication skills to lead our Build Your Future initiative. This initiative is focused on educating people and recruiting them into the commercial and industrial construction industry through various campaigns and outreach. Candidates should be highly organized with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and be a self-motivated team player and leader. Other key areas of responsibility will include:
- Developing, executing and managing strategic projects and campaigns, including the BYF and Hard Hat Heroes recruitment initiatives
- Qualifying, developing, establishing and supporting partner relations
- Managing BYF websites
- Researching, qualifying, planning and attending events and activities that expand BYF’s footprint
- Managing the annual, monthly and weekly BYF budgets
- Managing the BYF scholarship program
- Managing metrics and statistics that accurately represent the BYF mission and goals
Qualified candidates will enjoy working in a multi-task, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven environment and possess demonstrated public speaking abilities/experience. It is essential that this person have creativity, initiative, organization, good judgment, and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply. The position requires the ability to strategically develop broad projects across departmental lines in an efficient manner, excellent organizational skills in a team setting, and exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal). The ability to research and organize statistical and anecdotal data and experience in managing and preparing schedules, budgets and reports is also required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Public Relations and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related field are required. Proficiency in website development and maintenance (preferably Word Press) is required. Candidates with experience in event planning and execution, marketing, and/or non-profit management are strongly preferred.
Some travel is required for this position (approximately 30%).
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace. Excellent benefits package. Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
Start ASAP after selection. Position open until filled.