NCCER has an immediate opening for a Technical Writer. The individual assigned to this position will assist in the updating and creation of construction craft training curriculum in more than 75 fields. Major areas of responsibility will include:
- Managing assigned technical writing projects, to include:
- Ensuring projects are completed on time, on budget, and in accordance with NCCER specifications and requirements
- Maintaining project components within the update cycle
- Acting as liaison to subject matter expert committees and vendors and facilitating work
- Ensuring communication of project information to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Performing project updates within content, learning, and testing management systems
- Collecting and interpreting technical data or information and incorporating into curriculum structure
- Presenting to subject matter expert committees and other constituents on product and program development processes or other NCCER-related topics
Qualified candidates will possess a high degree of professionalism, the ability to work independently, the ability to travel, excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple projects at one time, the ability to meet production and editorial deadlines, the ability to work under pressure, adaptability to shifting priorities and new workflows, and dependability in attendance and performance. The ability to work effectively with all levels of executives, management and staff is essential. A Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred; although candidates with relevant experience will be considered. Experience in the construction or maintenance industry is desirable.
Proficiency in word-processing, presentations and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite) is required. Software skills with miscellaneous Windows-based applications, knowledge of basic database design (i.e. Microsoft Access) and desktop publishing software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud) are preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-free workplace. Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefit package.
Start ASAP after selection. Position open until filled. To apply: send resume/CV, cover letter, and a minimum of three (3) references to email@example.com.
This is a part-time, paid position, and only students currently enrolled in a program are eligible to apply. Note: Compensation is $9/hour, with no more than 29 hours per week.
This internship is a great opportunity for a student interested in gaining work experience in a highly energetic marketing department for an international organization. As an intern, you will be expected to work quickly and efficiently in cross-functional teams and meet deadlines.
Job duties will include:
- Assist in writing and editing copy for advertisements, articles, blogs, emails and social media
- Organize, maintain and update marketing contact lists
- Assist in routine website updates
- Assist in recording monthly metrics, material inventory and packing for trade shows
- Organize files, photos and videos
- Research and present current industry trends
- Archive publication tear sheets and magazine library
- Other duties as assigned; this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) a plus
- Experience in WordPress and website maintenance a plus
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Be detail oriented, organized and professional with the ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities and meet deadlines
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Dependable in attendance and performance
Start ASAP after selection. Position open until filled. To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.