Testing System Manager
NCCER has an immediate opening for a Testing System Manager. This position has a high level of responsibility within the Testing Department, including management of departmental staff and oversight of daily operational activities. Other key responsibilities include:
- Managing development and maintenance of the NCCER Testing System
- Managing customer support:
- NCCER Testing System
- Arkiv Assessment System
- Providing staff customer support training on NCCER policies, procedures and systems
- Managing customer knowledge base
- Managing the National Craft Assessment Certification Program (NCACP) and Special Certification Programs
- Managing enforcement of NCCER policy:
- Ensuring the security of testing processes
- Working with Audit and Legal departments on investigations and non-conformances as necessary
- Managing review and update processes for all internal and external department documents and manuals
The position requires a self-starter with demonstrated experience handling multiple duties and deadlines. The ability to negotiate and solve problems with customers while maintaining NCCER’s policies and procedures is essential. Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail are required. Correspondence layout, excellent organizational skills, the ability to work independently and to work effectively with all levels of executives, management and staff are all key skills in this role.
Candidates with post-secondary education (Associate’s degree or above), experience with computer testing and assessment program administration are preferred. Competency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, database management, spreadsheets, and web-based submissions administration is required. This position requires some travel.
Equal opportunity employer. Drug-free workplace. Excellent benefit package. Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
Start ASAP after selection. Position open until filled.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and three (3) letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCCER has an immediate opening for a Technical Writer. The individual assigned to this position will assist in the updating and creation of construction craft training curriculum in more than 75 fields. Major areas of responsibility will include:
- Managing assigned technical writing projects, to include:
- Ensuring projects are completed on time, on budget, and in accordance with NCCER specifications and requirements
- Maintaining project components within the update cycle
- Acting as liaison to subject matter expert committees and vendors and facilitating work
- Ensuring communication of project information to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Performing project updates within content, learning, and testing management systems
- Collecting and interpreting technical data or information and incorporating into curriculum structure
- Presenting to subject matter expert committees and other constituents on product and program development processes or other NCCER-related topics
Qualified candidates will possess a high degree of professionalism, the ability to work independently, the ability to travel, excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple projects at one time, the ability to meet production and editorial deadlines, the ability to work under pressure, adaptability to shifting priorities and new workflows, and dependability in attendance and performance. The ability to work effectively with all levels of executives, management and staff is essential. A Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred; although candidates with relevant experience will be considered. Experience in the construction or maintenance industry is desirable.
Proficiency in word-processing, presentations and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite) is required. Software skills with miscellaneous Windows-based applications, knowledge of basic database design (i.e. Microsoft Access) and desktop publishing software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud) are preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-free workplace. Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefit package.
Start ASAP after selection. Position open until filled. To apply: send resume/CV, cover letter, and a minimum of three (3) references to email@example.com.