Automated Remote Proctoring
Automated Remote Proctoring allows students to take tests at their convenience. In addition, it allows instructors to assign tests without the worry of coordinating times and locations.
Important Technology/Equipment Requirement
Please note test takers can use a laptop or desktop with a microphone and webcam. Tablets are not permitted.
Benefits of Remote Proctoring
- Eliminates the need for in-person testing coordination and traveling
- No need to download additional software
- Automation fulfills advanced module test security and integrity
- Lower cost-per-test than most online proctored exams
- Eliminates the need to upload and store videos
Terms & Conditions
- All Automated Remote Proctor module tests will incur a $3.00 fee, regardless of the result. This fee is in addition to the price your organization pays for NCCER online module testing.
- Additional time cannot be added to module tests delivered via Automated Remote Proctoring.
- The testing session recordings will only be stored on a secure server for 30 days.
- Training locations must be in good standing and preapproved by NCCER to qualify for Automated Remote Proctoring.
- Automated Remote Proctoring privileges may be revoked at any time at NCCER’s discretion.
- Once approved, you will receive a welcome packet along with the Automated Remote Proctoring User Guide via email.
IMPORTANT: Please note that due to PHMSA regulations, Remote Proctoring is NOT permitted to be used for pipeline testing.
Automated Remote Proctoring Webinar
How-To Guide: InstructorsDownload
How-To Guide: Test-TakersDownload
Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled a list of FAQs to further assist you.
For additional assistance, please contact NCCER Customer Service at (888) 622-3720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.