Tower Crane Practical Examiner
A Tower Crane Practical Examiner is an individual certified in accordance with the NCCER Tower Crane Operator Certification Program to deliver Tower Crane Operator Practical Examinations. Certified Tower Crane Practical Examiners must be affiliated with an NCCER Tower Crane Endorsed Accredited Assessment Center.
The following requirements must be met in order to become an NCCER certified Tower Crane Practical Examiner must:
- Have approval of an NCCER Accredited Assessment Center
- Have at least four years of documented tower crane-related experience or appropriate tower crane-related training/education, verified by NCCER
- Submit Practical Examiner Qualifications via the Registry system for verification and approval
- Successfully pass the NCCER Tower Crane written assessment, prior to being approved to attend Tower Crane Practical Examiner training
- Must be a certified Mobile Crane Practical Examiner or be in pursuit of Mobile Crane Practical Examiner certification
- Successfully complete the Tower Crane Practical Examiner training program
- Have current NCCER Master Trainer, Craft Instructor, or Performance Evaluator certification or successfully complete the NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP) or the Performance Evaluator Training.
Training topics include:
- Requirements, responsibilities and liabilities of the Tower Crane Operator Certification program
- Confidentiality requirements of the program
- Application of practical exam procedures
- Setup and administration of ALL Tower Crane Practical Examinations
- Required paperwork
- Policies and procedures of the program
Please see our myNCCER page for more information.
The registration process is part of the Registry system and will be made available/notified to the candidate upon approval of their qualifications and meeting of prerequisite assessments.