National Center for Construction Education & Research
In addition to the online training options that Pearson has made available, NCCER has implemented a temporary remote proctoring option for the craft module tests (knowledge only).
This option will be free of charge through our online testing system and available from April 6, 2020 – May 15, 2020. NCCER will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates as needed.
Create an account to register in NCCER’s remote proctor training portal.
You will need the following information to register:
• Phone #
• NCCER Wallet Card #
• Organization/School Name (Must be exactly as it appears in the Registry System with sponsor. A look up tool is available within the portal to use.)
• Organization Type (high school, community college, trade school, association, etc.)
• NCCER Sponsor Representative (Not required but will speed up verification process)
Once you have received the confirmation email and logged into the portal, click on Remote Proctoring and follow instructions. (Check your junk or spam folders if you do not receive the confirmation email within a few minutes. The subject line will read “NCCER: Confirmation of account request” from NCCER Admin.)
View the two required videos listed in the portal in their entirety.
• Part One: NCCER Remote Proctoring Overview - covers eligibility requirements and policies and procedures.
• Part Two: NCCER Remote Proctor Training - teaches how to remotely proctor NCCER module tests (knowledge only) and how to use the online testing system which is required for remote proctoring
Your accreditation and credentials will be verified by NCCER through the Registry, and you will be contacted by email within three business days.
• If you are eligible, you will receive the Eligibility Form to sign via email (form is sent directly from DocuSign.net). Click to view eligibility requirements.
• If you are not eligible, you will receive an email indicating the additional information needed, and NCCER will work on assisting you. Click to view most common issues.
Once every step is complete, you will receive a completion email from NCCER stating that you can begin setting up your testing. (Explained in part two of video series.)
(Click here if you received an email stating you have not met the eligibility requirements.)
NCCER instructor and/or curriculum proctor certification
Must complete the NCCER remote proctor training
Must use NCCER’s Testing System to administer all module tests being remote proctored
Verify understanding that all performance profile testing must still be conducted in-person
Access to an online meeting platform with recording capabilities (i.e Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting)
Computer or tablet with built-in camera/web cam
Appropriate audio (through device or phone)
Appropriate storage for recorded testing sessions (instructor/proctor only)
Tablet or computer (no cell phones may be used for testing) with a built-in camera/web cam
Have completed or will complete a Registration & Release form prior to testing
Instructor/proctor must confirm test taker’s identification
Instructor/proctor must utilize the NCCER Remote Proctoring Script in all remote testing sessions
No more than 15 test takers per testing session
All remote proctoring must be conducted between the hours of 7:00 am – 9:00 pm EDT, Monday – Friday
All module testing is closed book – only NCCER approved reference materials may be used during testing
NCCER must be invited to all remote testing sessions via email@example.com. Send your testing date and time 24 hours in advance. NCCER will have an auditor join each remote testing session. NOTE: If any remote testing session takes place without NCCER being invited, module testing records for that session will be removed from the NCCER Registry
All testing sessions MUST be recorded
Within 24 hours of testing session completion, a link to the testing session recording must be sent to NCCER at firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: If a recorded session cannot be provided to NCCER, module testing records will be removed from Registry
We have compiled a list of FAQs to further assist you.
Did you know that instructor-led training may be conducted online through various platforms of your choice, such as Skype, Zoom and more? Learn more about NCCER's virtual training options available via NCCERconnect and eTexts.
For additional assistance. please contact NCCER customer service at 888.622.3720 or email@example.com.