High School Builder Program
Building or expanding a successful CTE Program at your school has never been easier.
“When I began teaching, I was fortunate to find that NCCER was the curriculum being used. NCCER aligns with DOE frameworks, the lesson plans are well-written and the subject matter provides students with high quality project based learning as well as critical thinking skills, creating students that have potential to become industry leaders.”
About the Program
The High School Builder Program is designed specifically for schools that are just starting their construction CTE journey. Our program provides expert guidance and support to overcome the obstacles of setting up a successful CTE program. In addition, our Core: Introduction to Basic Construction Skills incorporates applied math along with employability and communication skills to help your students gain the life-ready skills needed to succeed in the workforce. Our program:
- Meets requirements for Perkins, federal and state funding.
- Provides instructor training and certifications.
- Provides students with both knowledge and hands-on applications.
- Offers competency-based curricula with measurable objectives.
- Leads to highly reputable and industry-recognized credentials.
- Provides opportunities for students to continue training after graduation through national post-secondary and industry training programs.
- Includes comprehensive teacher resources with a project library.
NCCER’s Instructor Toolbox provides easy access to important instructional resources for your training program. You’ll find downloadable course planning tools, examples of classroom activities and projects, and instructor tips and best practices to help you enhance your program.
Instructor Training and Professional Development Opportunities
NCCER offers a comprehensive instructor training program. In this online course, instructors will learn about the NCCER curriculum, best practices, teaching techniques and so much more. Continuing education units (CEUs) are offered for our instructor certification training programs. NCCER also offers monthly professional development webinars where instructors can collaborate with industry partners.
Past guests include:
- National Technical Honor Society
This group is a community for NCCER craft instructors across the country to network, collaborate and exchange teaching tips and ideas.
Engaging discussions and relevant information shared in this forum include:
- Tips from craft instructors
- NCCER news and updates
- Career exploration spotlight
Kickstart your CTE program today
NCCER programs offer students the opportunity to graduate high school with industry-recognized credentials that help them get a job in the industry.
Our print and online programs allow organizations to offer in-person, hybrid, or virtual courses. All of our curriculum titles are available online through either VitalSource as eText or NCCERconnect, a customized learning management system.